24 July 2014

Dear Wind...

Copyright of the photographer inscribed on picture
The Wind on Mt. Everest 
Dear Wind where are you going?
What longings do you carry in your heart?

I heard the rain had come along
And splashed some lands anew

Did you enjoy the companionship?
The time you spent together?

O Wind how I envy you…
You traveler of the mysterious lands

I stand and stare at the lush green
Admire the beauty all around

You can go venture everywhere
Not a ticket! No one asks you a fare!

I feel imprisoned with house duties
You are carefree and roam at will

Ah! For the life that has no bounds
The heart that can live out their dreams

How I would love to go places, experience it all
If the ropes of life would loosen up a bit!

O Wind, where are you going next?
Can you blow me away with you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment