26 September 2016

Looking Forward with Enthusiasm



Can you go back in time and retrieve a minute or even a second?
Can a dead person come back to life? Those who died years ago will not come back... Let go...

Let the past go into the 'Past'. Embrace this moment.
Enjoy 'Today'!

I think about the people in our life who didn't make it till today. I remember their dreams, their visions... all that they did with their 'Time' while they were alive and how much is left of what they achieved. How I wish they could come back and complete what they started!! But it is not to be. It makes me think about what I am doing now in a different way.

Does what I do really make a difference? Will it last? Will it change things for the better - for me, for my loved ones, for others, for the time we live in, for the time to come? How do we evaluate the work we do?

I am grateful for the lessons I learned in the last few years. I was able to look into our family tree and see the persons who made a positive difference in our lives and also realize that there were some who did more harm than good! There were some who were entrusted huge legacies and lost them! I was appalled. I realized that we could be making the same mistakes in our lives now... and not even realize it because we are not thinking about the time to come, about the impact we are making in our family, in the lives of people around us.

Do you want to make an impact with your life? Do you want your life to count? There are many who came lived and went... and remained just a statistic... a figure in the population count!

I am sure I do NOT want to be a statistic!! I want to live my life fully, wholly and completely in a meaningful and fulfilling way. I want to do all the good I can... I don't want to waste and fritter away the legacy, the good, the skills, the talents I have been given in 'having fun,' 'doing the in-things' or following the blind crowd that has no head or heart!!!

I'm sure I am not a trend follower... I would like to 'agree' with what I 'follow', 'do,' use my time for or engage my person in!! If they don't fall in with the values I espouse... they don't warrant my attention! They are not important! So if something has to engage me and my time - it had better be good, useful, purposeful and lasting! I guess that will filter out a lot of time-wasters from now on!

So what is your future going to be like? Are you going to allow a rerun of your past to take over the rest of your life? Would you like to open your heart and your mind for something 'New,' 'Fresh' and 'Valuable'? If you do, then the first step is to make a decision about it... Prepare yourself to walk the path ahead of you with confidence and joy. Know that life is a journey and there are many lessons on the way... Take it one day at a time but don't forget to have your long term plans ready too. It is good to have focus and vision. You can make it! Believe!

God made you for a purpose... if you don't know it - ask HIM! If you don't know Him yet, ask Him to reveal Himself to you. You don't have to depend on any person to tell you who God is when He Himself can! So go ahead and ask Him! It is all between you and your Creator!

I want to wish you all the very best for your future!! I am filled with joy and enthusiasm as I begin this part of my life because I have left the past behind and embraced the 'Present' that God has given me!