20 April 2011

Faith


What I pray for
Is invisible
But I can see it
With the eyes of faith.
It is there
Shining and glorious
Giving me joy
Filling me with hope
It is mine
It is done.

Others may wonder
Others may laugh
It doesn't matter
Who may think what.
It was said
And so it is
Like when my friend says
She sent me a letter
And I wait for it
Knowing it would reach soon.

If you don't believe
You don't receive.
If you really want something
Why cry and complain
When all you ever need
Can be yours with a simple prayer
And believing faith?
You won't need money
But you will need power
The power of patient waiting.

I have seen answers
I have braved storms
But the joy of fulfilled waiting
Is beyond that of any calm
Some joys that could be measured
Some cares were blown away;
But some of them are priceless
And can't be mentioned anyway
Words can't measure the joy when
Faith having bid its time is victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment