27 July 2026

Just Be You


Dear Me, 
 
I owe you an apology 
I have been too hard on you
Pushing you to do this and that
To prove that you had worth
To make people accept you 
People who did not like you. 

You suffered rejection
Suffered loss after loss
Grief, sorrow and pain
Some mocked you
Made fun of you 
Trashed everything you cared for. 

Brave girl! 
You didn't cower down 
You kept standing 
Standing while your dignity was torn
Your heart's goodness worn out
Tears flowing in secret. 

I'm sorry I did not know you
I didn't know you were one of a kind
My expectations were wrong
Like expecting a fish to fly like a bird! 
How could one who is born unique
Become like those who are not like you? 

I free you! 
You are free to be you 
Be only the way God made you 
Nothing more nothing less 
Pick up your dreams
And run with them. 

You lost many years 
Trying to be accepted by others
Now spend the rest of your life
Doing what you were created for
Fulfill yourself 
Even if no one else understands you. 

Don't let the words and standards of others 
Dictate what gives you happiness 
Some people have such stingy hearts
They cannot speak one kind word 
Or do something good 
And yet judge those who do good. 

It's better to be a person
Leaving a legacy of good 
Than to be a person 
Who has everything and more
And still is mean to everyone 
Leaving a bitter trail everywhere. 

I'm sorry I didn't understand you
Early enough
Sorry for not speaking up for you
And defending you when you were doubted 
You deserved better
I'm sorry I let you down. 

From this time on
I owe it to God Who created you
To do right by you
To fully be who He wrote about in His book 
To do what He planned and ordained
Till you fulfill your time on earth to return to Him. 

~ Henrietta D. 

#apology #rejection #legacy #good #God #grief #sorrow #pain #fulfill #dreams #trashed #mocked #expectations #brave #beyou

No comments:

Post a Comment