12 October 2010

Selah!

Selah! Pause and think of that...

I struggled with the pause...
Didn’t know what to do
I fiddled with my fingers
Looked up at the ceiling...
Looked outside to see if I would venture out
But the mood just didn’t set in
I wondered what was wrong with me
Felt so odd, so.... lost.

We were in a conversation
Words dancing to a rhythm
When suddenly a speed breaker came
And threw me off balance!
I fell flat on the ground...
Hands, legs... splattered everywhere
Oh! What on earth is happening?
I screamed to no avail
The pause had struck
The devastation begun...

I sat down a while
Silently breathing
While my mind calmed down
Took a note of what I was feeling
Hey where are you my friend?
I called out
But there was only silence
I called and called
Till my voice wore out
And wearing out became still.

I looked into the mirror
The image mocked at me
She said, ‘You silly goose!
You have time for everyone but me!’
Ah there! It suddenly hit me
I had just not understood
My friend needed a break too
To meet himself alone
Just as my ‘self’ was craving                             
To meet with me alone.

Selah... now I understand
Pause and think of that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment