08 October 2010

A Roller Coaster Ride

A roller coaster ride
Emotions taking charge 
Going places 
Dragging me along unchartered waters
Oh! It is exhausting... 
To say the least. 

Dreams I had dreamed
Put away in cold storage
Even learnt to ignore
Pretending it was okay to let go
Suddenly wake up
I see them staring me in the face
I break into a run
Scared to look them in the eye
Scared because last time 
I had got badly bruised
I cannot afford to let that happen
My mind screams within me. 

Help! Help! Someone help... 
My voice returns to me in the void
Grow up girl, my mind tells me
Yesterday is gone and over with
Let bygones be bygones
The past doesn't belong here
But you... you do
What about those dreams? I ask
Hmmm... what about them? 
Why are you afraid?
What have you to lose but your fear? 

No comments:

Post a Comment