02 May 2011

You & I - A song for a Christian couple


You and I
Are here together face to face
Joining hearts and singing praise
Praises to our God.
You and I
Have so much to be thankful for
As we look beyond the door
At life beyond the veil.

Chorus:  
You and I
Seeking love and loving grace
Touching hearts in soft embrace
And kisses of the Lord.
You and I
Surrounded by His warmth and love
Blessings and showers from above
How wonderful His love!

You and I
Are instruments to spread His love
Speak the words and live the vow
To die so He can live
You and I
Relationships enriched by Him
His grace is flowing through the brim
And moving many hearts.                  Chorus

You and I
He fashioned us so we can give
To each other our love and live
A life of joy and peace
You and I
He’s holding us inside His palm
Giving us His loving balm
Shielding us from pain.                     Chorus

You and I
Are children apples of His eye
He binds with cords that don’t untie
Through all eternity
You and I
Pleasing Him in all we do
His blessings fall on us anew
As we walk within His love.               Chorus

~ Written and composed by Henrietta Decruz (c)

1 comment:

  1. i loved all your songs thoughtful and you are a good poet and writer heart touching ...

    ReplyDelete