07 August 2014

Unwanted and Unknown

Alone
Facing indifference
Unwanted
Not on anyone’s list
Not cared for…
Not counted.

Wondering if there is value
Wondering if there is love
Wondering if someone would respect
Or care…
Just because I’m human
Just because I am.

Struggling to make ends meet
Working hard to make a mark
Giving more than ever received
In the hope
Of being counted
Of being accepted.

Yet all I see is disappointing
People obsessed with themselves
Who have no time to notice
Or care about the needs of another
If God Himself came again
They would overlook Him.
 
I can hear the silent screams
Of hearts who are pushed aside
From the walkway of life
Away from the merry-go-round
This world has become
Some dead walking with hopelessness.

Empty relationships
Empty conversations
It’s all pretense
When they say, ‘How are you?’
Do they really care?
My heart mocks me.
 
I find meaning and purpose
In knowing I was created
Not to be degraded
Not as a valueless person
But an equal of everyone
Regardless of possessions or bloodline.

Yes you and I have value
Whether anyone gives it to us or not 
They may pretend wealth is important
They may glorify the famous tyrant
They may give importance to just a few
But they cannot take what is within us.

I am wanted
That is why God created me
I am known
He knew me before I was born
I have a purpose 
That is why I breathe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment