17 September 2015

My Empty Canvas

I look at the empty canvas of my life
Empty pages yet to be written
Ideas floating in front of me
Each represents what can
Fill this canvas.

I look at the canvases 
Filled in time gone by
Some gloomy and grey
Some cheerful and positive
Some mixed with myriad shades.

I want my life to be different
I want to shake off the chains that throttle
I want to fill my life with many hues
I want to live out the whole spectrum
And fulfill my destiny.

I know my life is fleeting
I know the scroll of time is limited
I look at those who lost their strength
And realize I must choose wisely
For life gives just one chance.

Let me fill my heart with goodness
Let me experience inner peace
Let me spread some cheer around me
Live a life that is free and complete
Before the last drop fills the canvas.

~ Henrietta Decruz 

No comments:

Post a Comment