10 April 2022

Fighting for Hope - #PoemsforChange #NaPoWriMo - #MovementIndia

Here is a poem I have written titled 'Fighting for Hope.' This poem is my tribute to the victims and survivors of human trafficking. 

 


Time drags on endlessly
The pain unbearable numbs my soul
I used to cry but not anymore
Tears have run dry.

I knew someday I had to walk out of that hole
I had to muster up the strength and fight for hope
Give it my all so my life would count
I don’t want to end in a nameless grave!

Day and night I fought a battle in my mind
They cursed, they whipped the joy out of my life
They waited for me to give up and die
I would never give them that pleasure.

I fought, I resisted, I held on to life
I thought of the day I’d be free from my oppressors
I decided to hold on to Hope
And do whatever it takes to be Free.

~ Henrietta Decruz 


Let's do our bit to change the life of someone who is suffering due to modern slavery today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment