03 May 2022

Revisiting my journey in writing

I began writing while in school, but the first thing I wrote which was published publicly was a 'Letter to the Editor' written in 1985, when I was a teenager! ✏️🖊📒📓🖋

This was followed by poems published by 'Teenager' magazine in July 1986 and January 1987. They were titled 'Autumn' and 'The Reawakening.'



I wrote a piece titled 'Humanity' a neighborhood newsletter titled 'Vicinity.' It feels very relevant today as it fits with what is happening due to the war in Ukraine. It was published in February 1987.

 
I must thank my school 'St. Francis Desales School (SFS, Janakpuri) and especially my teacher Anies Sebastian for being the first person to teach me about poetry writing. I began in Class V and never stopped! It became a lifeline for me, literally! Thank you Anies Ma'am! All the 'thank you's' I say will not be enough, it has made such a huge difference in my life.
🤗❤️









No comments:

Post a Comment