01 May 2020

No More Chasing the Wind

https://www.flickr.com/photos/h-k-d/6207838575
 Blowing in the Wind - Image by Hartwig HKD

A lifetime of chasing the wind
Running after something or someone
Has finally come to an end.
I learned the truth
and it set me free
from all the incompleteness I felt.

Isn't it crazy that you seeks answers
all over the world
and finally find the answer is in you!
It's a relief
It's a joy!
It is final - I am home.

It is time to bid goodbye
to those who chose to bail out
to those who pushed me away.
It is time to acknowledge
those who chose to stay
those who stood by me through thick and thin.

We may be far away from a friend
But when we meet it's as though we met just yesterday
Time cannot separate those who belong.
Thank God for friends who by their presence
by their words or actions show us
that they really care.

There are enough empty words in this world
It's better to not speak what we don't mean
It's better to let go of those who have nothing to say.
Today I am thankful because I was overlooked
by some who were shallow
their truth so evident, so visible.

Everything we say or choose not to say
everything we do or choose not to do
reveals something about us.
What are our actions or inactions saying about us?
No matter how many masks you wear
The truth will show itself to the keen observer.

Lies have only so much life
When two and two are put together
Someone will realize it is four and not twenty two.
The truth no matter how sour
is the only best friend a person can have
Be wise, choose the truth, choose freedom from lies.

I AM FREE AT LAST!

~ Henrietta Decruz
   Copyright 2020




No comments:

Post a Comment