09 December 2009

A black hole

Flitting from moment to moment, job to job….
I filled the time with things to do
Roles to live out
Needs to meet
Help to be given
Where it was seen

Years have gone by
I made choices
Ignored voices
Kept moving when things had stalled
Staying had run out of reasons

One look back at time gone by
‘It's gone!’ my spirit cries
Never to return
I make a vain effort to retrieve
Pull strands of invisible time
Lost, I’ve lost it all whatever was mine

Caving in to the mounting despair
I fret about years
Give way to tears
A sinking feeling covers my being
Will I get out of this abyss?

Time gone by is no more the worry
Time left in hand is paramount
My whole focus of existence now shifts
How will I pull myself out of this rut?
Living to please others has had a casualty
The price I had to pay was ‘me’

Searching inside for some pointers
I seek the voice I did not heed
I call out and wait for a response
Hello! Is anyone there?
No sound… just silence

I look at the trash heap, my life
If only I listened when the voice had called
I would have had a better story to tell
A guide it would’ve been to take me home
Home where there’s fulfillment and peace
A life well lived, a legacy to leave behind

Cough! Cough! Sputter! Spatter!
Something just came back to life
I rush at break neck speed to its side
Ah! I feared you wouldn’t make it…
The voice smiles

Now its time to leave this place it says
But how? I’m in a rut I plead
I have no strength no ideas to get out of here
Just trust your heart
It has all the answers it said.

We combine our strengths
My desperation and its confidence
At countdown we pull with all our might
This fight is for my life, myself and me
Suddenly I see the light I’m free!
Out of the black hole, I’m on a journey discovering me!

No comments:

Post a Comment